- D8 configuration is different, in that it is meant to capture the whole site from local>dev>stage>prod, instead of configuration changes captured in Features and encapsulated in individually importable modules, as in D7.
- That said, Features would still be employed for exporting a chunk o code / config for use in ANOTHER site, but once the feature is imported, it all is a part of the site and managed though the core config management
- Configuration may be overridden on a particular environment through the
$configarray in a *.settings.php
- All feature/module default configurations are stored in YAML files that are dragged around as part of the config deployment.
- Config syncing (ie Stage>Prod) scenarios and solutions:
- Scenario 1: Configuration not managed at all.
- Scenario 2: Configuration sync directory in use, but sometimes configuration on the live site is edited: set up a local development instance, make and test your configuration changes there, export your configuration to files in your config sync directory, and finally use command-line tools like Git and Drush to deploy and import changes to the live site
- Scenario 3: Configuration changes are always made and tested on non-production instance(s) and then deployed to live: set up a strict workflow policy
- If you’re the one and only site admin and developer… learn how to use both GUI and command-line tools to manage and move your site’s configuration between instances.
- If you’re working on a team…
today, I learned about D8’s core multilingual settings, thought it seems odd to me to go to the /en-gb/node/id URL alias in order to get at the translation for content.
For multilingual, you’ll need to enable the Drupal 8 Core Region/ Language Translate modules.
color coded exam requirements, so I know what I need to focus on.
I set up the Developer exam page, http://photograu.com/drupal-8-developer-exam-requirements/
This month… not so much of a success. At least in terms of Drupal learning. Bad.
So, how successful has my non zero initiative been? Well I certainly haven’t been posting about it as is evident here. That doesn’t mean I haven’t had any nonzero days. I’ve spend some time working on a table, I can spend some time working on a game system with Bennett, I’ve had some ideas sketching, but but I haven’t done any learning of Jubal skills at practice and site building at all, since the last time I posted here. I think I do need to make a habit of doing so, and as I can dictatedictated by voice, as I am doing now, then I should be able to at least make some silver progress report I’m on my commute to and from work so there won’t be a complete communication blackout between myself and myself. As myself is the only one reading this. But as I was saying I just need to push myself to make myself better because I’m not doing it on my own,
What’s important is that I move myself a little bit forward every day.
Welcome to WordPress.